Marketing and Professional Sales Mission Statement
Westminster College's Marketing and Professional Sales degree program offers students the opportunity to grow intellectually and professionally, to become leaders in their fields. Graduates will have participated in a variety of exercises, simulations and real-world applications that mimic the challenges and changes faced by today's marketing and sales professionals. Emphasis is placed on the managerial approach to marketing and professional sales using a domestic and global perspective to encourage socially responsible citizenry.
- To develop an understanding of contemporary theory, principles, and practices of marketing and marketing management in both a US and global setting: A managerial approach to developing processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that provide value with emphasis placed on planning, implementing, and controlling product development, pricing, promotion, and distribution management strategies.
- To develop competency in data analysis and statistical reasoning.
- To develop effective interpersonal communications in small group settings and teams.
- To develop the ability to think critically and creatively as a basis for written communications, video-based advertisements, and social interactions.
- To develop career entry or graduate study after the completion of a degree with a major in Marketing.
Students earning a degree in Marketing and Professional Sales will undertake course offerings pertaining to marketing management, marketing theory, consumer purchasing behavior, global brand management, and social media marketing. Special emphasis will be placed on planning, implementing, and controlling product development, pricing, promotion, and distribution management strategies as carried out by producers, wholesalers and retailers. The culmination of general business courses and marketing specific courses will prepare students for a wide variety of career opportunities. Imagine yourself an advertising agent, a PR specialist, a corporate marketer, a market researcher, a brand manager, a sales and retailing departmental specialist, or a customer relationship manager.