International Business Mission Statement
Westminster College's Bachelor of Science in the International Business degree program prepares students by building a foundation for successful entrepreneurship through strategic management, organizational behavior, ethics and effective leadership and change. Students explore multiple disciplines and participate in hands-on opportunities, while experiencing a variety of business structures.
- To develop an understanding of contemporary theory and principles of managing in the global workplace: managing human resources, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, economic fundamentals and quantitative analysis.
- To develop competency in data analysis and statistical reasoning.
- To develop effective interpersonal communication in small group settings and teams.
- To develop the ability to think critically and creatively as a basis for written communications appropriate for a business situation.
- To gain career entry or graduate study after the completion of a degree with a major in International Business.
This program, sponsored by the School of Business and the Division of Communications, Arts, Languages, and Literature, is composed of designated courses from the following disciplines: business, modern languages, economics, political science, and international cultures/religions. The International Business interdisciplinary degree equips students with cultural and language knowledge to complement an intensive background in business. Students in this program graduate with a background in the international aspects of economics and business with a proficiency in a second language, with special emphasis on the concepts of management, marketing, and finance. Imagine yourself an International Business expatriate worker, international economist, international trade specialist, import compliance specialist, or cultural adviser.