Finance Mission Statement
Westminster College's Bachelor of Science in the Finance degree program prepares students by building a foundation for successful entrepreneurship through strategic management, organizational behavior, ethics and effective leadership and change. Students explore multiple disciplines and participate in hands-on opportunities, while experiencing a variety of business structures.
1. To develop an understanding of contemporary theory and principles of managing in the American workplace: managing human resources, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, economic fundamentals and quantitative analysis.
2. To develop competency in data analysis and statistical reasoning.
3. To develop effective interpersonal communication in small group settings and teams.
4. To develop the ability to think critically and creatively as a basis for written communications appropriate for a business situation.
5. To gain career entry or graduate study after the completion of a degree with a major in Finance.
This program, sponsored by the School of Business, includes courses from accounting, business, and economics. The Finance major offers students an economic background and develops skills for financial decision making and forecasting. Students pursuing this degree are interested in both economics and finance. Through this course of study students strengthen their ability to use analytical techniques for banking, financial analysis, and funds management. Imagine yourself an asset manager, investment banker, financial engineer, consultant, broker, or private equity/venture capital manager.